KTUA is in search of an inspiring, creative, and motivated individual with a passion for active transportation planning and healthy community development. The ideal candidate should have 2-5 years of experience working in a multi-disciplinary firm with specific experience in transportation and land use planning. Additional experience in urban design, parks, trails, and open space planning is highly valued. Responsibilities include helping project managers maintain and deliver successful planning projects with tasks ranging from site visits, team meetings, community engagement (workshops, graphic design, survey development, etc.), developing solutions, and report writing. The ideal candidate should have strong project visioning skills, experience in developing planning studies, enthusiasm for community engagement, research skills, and an understanding of designing attractive documents. Projects are located throughout the State of California but are primarily within Southern and Central California. You will have opportunities to travel the region with your team to learn about the communities we work in and see your recommended solutions transform the built environment.
KTUA is an award-winning firm with a diverse team of individuals. We have a passion for design that is influenced by our personal experiences, education, travels, site visits, and lively conversations within our office. The diversity and scale of our projects keep us engaged throughout the year. We are constantly evolving by learning new techniques and processes. We design places to play, celebrate, learn, gather, and relax. At KTUA, you will also have the opportunity to socialize with the office with events such as competitive pumpkin carving contests, summer BBQs, or embarking on a mission to find the most ridiculous present for our annual white elephant gift exchange during the holidays. We would love to talk with you about your experience if you are interested in joining our team!
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in planning, landscape architecture, architecture, or urban and environmental studies.
- Two or more years of planning experience in private consultancy or public agency. Entry level will also be considered.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suites.
- Strong report writing, research, and presentation skills required.
- Preferred experience in ArcGIS, SketchUP, and AutoCAD.
- Motivation to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to travel is preferred.
- Favorable background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the USA (Citizenship or current VISA/Green Card).
KTUA is a recognized planning and landscape architecture firm. We are an equal opportunity employer offering a creative and dynamic work environment in our San Diego, California office.
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- 125 Cafeteria Plan Allowing Pre-Tax Expenses
- Holiday and Vacation Pay
- Medical and Dental Coverage
- Performance Bonus Plan
- Stock Options and Profit-sharing Plan
- Bike and Transit Commuting Benefits
- Vibrant urban neighborhood; 10-minute walk to Balboa Park, restaurants, shops, etc.
- Additional vacation time as promotions occur
Position available immediately and will remain open until filled. Email a cover letter, resume, and writing/graphic samples or a link to an online portfolio to [email protected], no phone calls please.